Friday 27 February 2015

Dan's last day in School District 8

Well... after 28 years in District 8 I am writing this blog from my desk here at JVH for the last time. It was quite emotional this morning walking to school thinking about the literally hundreds of time I have walked to school. Usually as I walk  I try to notice the trees, the mountains and listen to the river while keeping perspective on the constantly encroaching thoughts about the staff meeting, or the budget, or the discipline issue.

This morning my mind would drift from the sound of the river to a hiring question for next week.... and then the realization that next week will no longer be my issue. Tokyo here we come!

Check our my last post on the JVH web-site about the surprise "tie day" organized for me today, my last day. Click here.


Here's to the next generation of tie wearers and good-bye to JVH!


No comments:

Post a Comment