Monday 13 April 2015

Quick note about work as it has now started

One of the fascinating twists for me in this new world is what is being pilotted as the "co-teaching" model. For our students to get both a Japanese and a BC diploma, to get in enough subject matter for both parties I have been assigned to "co-teach" a biology class, a chemistry class and a math class. This means that the content is taught in Japanese because it is similar in both programs, while I then teach the vocabulary and context in English. 

None of my co-teachers speak any English so... this is an interesting and new challenge for all of us. We use the Google translate app a lot (have you checked it out? This is my BEST friend) lots of hand gestrues and humour as well as bringing in my wonderful bi-lingual support teacher Atsushi to help us parlay through the specifics. 

Wow... this is all brand new.

Some photos of the team and the students at work today with Maggie who is our Ministry of Education Offshore consultant.




No comments:

Post a Comment