Monday 11 May 2015

Thank you for the birthday surprise.

Thanks to Patty, Mom, Helene, Sarah and Dan (in absentia) and all who came or sent well wishes and prayers. Sixty starts to out the pressure on doesn't it. What a wonderful world, are we taking it in and enjoying it, loving it?


The day started with my favourite breakfast, bacon and tomatoe sandwiches, in our housecoats!



Patty started out the evening with a cheer leader limerick and then rang a cowbell (suffer fest bell) to announce each next one. Thank you all - you lift me up, always.
And Grant - you gave a gift to many for the pure delight of it. Fine example!



Oh My God! Shelley's turning 60!
You know, I think, she's really still a pixie! 
But she's got style and she's got grace 
Even with Dan she keeps the pace!
Let's cheer for Shelley, at 60 really nifty! Cheerleader Patty


Shelley she's a Real groovy sister,
With me she used to play twister!
And it comes to my mind, 
Now that she does the yoga kind
She's my little, old, sweet twisted sister! Patty


Our Shelley she went to Japan
To be with her traveling man.
A foot in both places
Adventures she traces
At sixty, in tandem with Dan.  Rebecca Miles



When a bird hit our window and died
Or our kitty killed one on the sly
A funeral was called for, and Shelley applied.

The bird was all wrapped 
And put in a box
the neighbourhood kids all attended 
A grave was dug under a rose 
And the service conducted 
With Shelley's own prose.

This practice perfected by the 
Age she was 10
And the pathway of caring
Well established by then.    Mom (Mary Stickel)

Turning sixty beaneath the same moon,
Shelley shines like a lily in bloom,
Dan might be away
But he's not there to stay
For his true love, he ever will swoon.    Gerald and Mary



Young at heart we celebrate Shelley,
Who hoped we might move to Paree,
She worked hard on her French, 
On Kaslo's most beautiful bench,
To Tokyo his surprise gift......Whooppee!    Dan

" So out of the land of Ontario, 
came Shelley to find her Lothario.
With this fine man named Dan, 
She travelled the land
It's a miracle she didn't catch Malario!"     Georgie and Tom

I met a swimming instructor in Brechin,
that's why I don't sink now, I reckon!
I believe in fate,
took her sister on a date
Now with Shelley I have to checkin!    Blair



And a Japanese Haiku from Fiona
Lovely morning run
River flows on rocks below
Footsteps pat on path.

There once was a lady named Shelley 
With baby quite full in her belly
I was there to assist
And was royally pissed
When both of my knees turned to jelly. Fiona
Shelley' Where are you now.
Is your foot broken or have you just stubbed your toe?
Are you smiling and pausing through a storm?
Or are you staring at the never star, helping someone through it.
I saw you light your fuse once, it was short and hot.
What would Mary say.
What would Magdalene say.
What would Theresa say.
Where are they now?
Probably wow! Peter




Glimpses of Shelley...
...at the Meeting house in Argenta - just back from China. Sarah and Helene performed a fan dance...
....as a co-worker, lugging boxes of toys between office, church hall and various living rooms, before the Family Centre had a permanent home....
...as a hiking buddy -scrambling maountain trails into the mountain goat territory of remote St. Mary's Park...
...as a good friend, bringing soup when I was laid up with the flu...
...And as a determined member of our bookclub, dashing back from Creston and even skyping from Tokyo to be with us...and always gently making us behave so that everyone gets a chance to be heard...
Thanks for being a part of my life.
All best wishes. Jane

Our Shelley's a high-flying gal
Biking in tongues Internationale
She skips and she swims
And belts out her hymns
She's our bursting- with- love-light pal!!!  Linda



I still love a woman named Shelley
Once blessed I was with her as a neighbour,
She would listen & walk with me,
Support me compassionately...
Her friendship forever I'll savour.
While I wished her to stay she kept moving away, now my life is lacking her flavour.

Now you're sixty don't fear,
We're glad your're now here,
For now I can say,
You were born a fine day,
So live on another great year!

Keep sending your blog,
So I'm not in a fog, 
Japan's too far for me, You share what you see,
And please return to me & my dog!   Karen



I have a story, please hear it
Now Shelley, she is a great spirit
Words of love she provides
While she sits by our sides,
But now, from Japan, how will we hear it. 

Aha! Now with skype all is well
We hear Shelley as clear as a bell
And we must stay in touch
Cuz we love you so much
Dear beautiful Shelley, our shell.  Nelly







No comments:

Post a Comment